Nagoya, Japan – Toyota will establish a global quality task force and implement other procedures to ensure customer safety and satisfaction, its president said at a press conference.
Akio Toyoda expressed deep regret for the inconvenience and concern to customers, and announced that he will personally take the lead toward improving quality worldwide.
Once established, the global quality task force will conduct quality improvement activities region by region, using a six-point action plan:
– Improve the quality inspection process by inspecting every process and verifying causes that led to the recalls, including quality in design, production, sales and service.
– Enhance the customer information research offices in each region to collect information faster.
– Establish an automotive centre of quality excellence in key regions to further develop quality management professionals.
– Seek confirmation and evaluation from outside experts, in line with the industry’s best practices, of its newly-improved quality control management, based on the above improvements.
– Increased frequency of communication with regional authorities.
– Improvement of the autonomy of its regional subsidiaries, listening to each and every customer to improve quality.