Zeewolde, The Netherlands – Spyker Cars said that it has submitted a renewed offer for Saab Automobile AB, following General Motors’ announcement that the companies could not finalize the deal and that it would wind down the Saab brand.

Spyker CEO Victor Muller said that a new proposal had been submitted, addressing each of the issues that arose during the due diligence process. “We have made every effort to resolve the issues that were preventing the conclusion of this matter and we have asked GM and all other involved parties to seriously consider this offer,” he said. “We are very confident that our renewed offer will remove the impasse that was standing in the way of an agreement on Friday, and this would still allow us to conclude the deal prior to the expiry of the deadline originally set by GM of December 31st.”

In a statement, General Motors said that following the announcement of Saab’s wind-down, it had received inquiries from several parties. The company said that it will evaluate each inquiry and will not comment further until the evaluations have been completed.

Connect with Autos.ca