Pint-sized hatchbacks to attack Circuit Gilles Villeneuve like swarm of bees
The new one-make series featuring modified Micras will start May 22-24 at Circuit Mont-Tremblant before making stops at the Canadian Grand Prix, another stop at Circuit Mont-Tremblant, Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières, Circuit St-Eustache, and culminating with a third stop at Circuit Mont-Tremblant.
“We are thrilled to kick off 2015 on such an exciting note by announcing the Nissan Micra Cup calendar racing at the most legendary race tracks and events in Quebec including Circuit Mont-Tremblant, Trois-Rivières and the pinnacle of Canadian racing, the Formula 1 — Grand Prix du Canada, in Montreal,” says Christian Meunier, president of Nissan Canada Inc.
“This series offers passionate, amateur drivers with the unique opportunity to race in the most prestigious race of the season, in front of thousands of racing fans and the best drivers in the world, in a car that costs $20,000. This is the spirit of the Micra Cup. Providing fun, excitement and rare experiences to racing enthusiasts in Canada.”
- May 22-24 — Classique de printemps, Circuit Mont-Tremblant
- June 5-7 — Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada
- July 24-26 — Classique d’été, Circuit Mont-Tremblant
- July 31-August 2 — Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières
- August 15 — Circuit St-Eustache
- September 25-27 — Classique d’automne, Circuit Mont-Tremblant