March 22, 2007
Nine new vehicles named to annual AAA/Parents Best Cars for Families list
Orlando, Florida – Nine new vehicles have been added to the AAA and Parents magazine Best Cars for Families list for 2007. The 15-vehicle list, now in its fifth year, appears with detailed reviews of each model in the April issue of Parents magazine.
The list is a joint venture of AAA’s auto-safety expertise with Parents’ understanding of what families want and need, the AAA says. AAA and Parents test-drove hundreds of vehicles, considering everything from airbags and fuel economy, to cupholders and cargo space; the reviewers also installed a variety of child safety seats into every car, making sure it can be done easily and securely. Of those tested vehicles, the AAA/Parents picks are among the top performers in crash tests conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
The list includes (the asterisks indicate vehicles new to the list for 2007):
- Sedans: Honda Accord, Mercury Milan* (a version of the Ford Fusion not sold in Canada), and Toyota Camry
- Crossovers: Dodge Caliber*, Ford Edge*, and Toyota RAV4*
- SUVs: Chevrolet Tahoe*, Honda CR-V*, and Hyundai Santa Fe*
- Minivans: Honda Odyssey, Hyundai Entourage*, and Toyota Sienna
- Economy: Honda Civic, Mazda3, and Volkswagen Rabbit*