December 1, 2004
Lincoln’s luxury pickup to arrive in the Spring
Dearborn, Michigan – The new 2006 Lincoln Mark LT, a luxury version of the Ford F-Series full-size pickup, will arrive in U.S. showrooms this coming spring with a base price of $39,995 in the U.S. Canadian pricing and availability has not been announced.
The Mark LT is being launched with a surprising advertisement during Super Bowl XXXIX. Lincoln will extend its marketing campaign for the new Mark LT as the exclusive, automotive sponsor of the Sports Illustrated Super Swimsuit Party, which takes place in Jacksonville, Florida on February 5, 2005. As part of this sponsorship, there will be two Lincoln Mark LT vehicles on display along the red carpet leading up to the party.
The Lincoln Mark LT has a maximum payload capacity of 1,620 lbs., a maximum towing capacity of 8,900 lbs. and is available in both 4×2 and 4×4 configurations. The Lincoln Mark LT will be built at the all-new Dearborn Truck Plant and is due to arrive in dealer showrooms in early 2005.
- 5.4 litre, 3-valve Triton V-8 engine that produces 360 ft.-lb. of torque and 300 hp at 5,000 rpm
- 18-inch, 7-spoke aluminum wheels, 4×2 all-season tires and 4×4 all-terrain tires
- Seating for five with four full doors, front captain’s chairs and a full rear seat
- Chrome accented lower bodyside cladding, door handle straps and side rearview mirror caps
- Heated premium leather first row seats with floor shifter and flow-through center console
- A dominant grill with a new solid centre that features a prominently anchored Lincoln star
- Real Ebony wood, leather and warm steel trimmed interior
- Audiophile sound system with 6-disc in-dash CD
- 5.5-foot fully functional box