April 4, 2002
Lincoln offers Continental Collector’s Edition
Irvine, California – Just before the current Lincoln Continental is to be discontinued, Lincoln is offering a 2002 Lincoln Continental Collector’s Edition model.
“Although we’ve announced that the current model Continental will be discontinued this summer – at least for now – this special edition builds on the storied tradition of the vehicle, highlighting the Continental’s stylish appearance, comfort and luxury,” said Rick Brisson, Continental Brand Manager.
Approximately 2,000 commemorative Collector’s Edition nameplates are being planned for production. The vehicle is scheduled to arrive in dealer showrooms this week.
The Collector’s Edition Continental includes the following key features:
- Genuine Walnut Burl steering wheel, instrument panel and side door trim with “CE” logo
- Preferred Suede seat inserts with Milled Pebble leather bolsters
- Driver’s seat belt system
- 10-spoke chrome wheels
- Platinum painted grille
- Five passenger seating configuration
- CE logo on exterior bodyside and inscribed on floormats
- New Shiva Carpet
The Continental Collector’s Edition is offered with the current exterior colour choices but in addition, customers may opt for charcoal grey, a colour never before offered on Continental. Interior colour options include light graphite and medium parchment.