April 4, 2003
Jeep announces dates for Canadian Jeep Jamborees
Windsor, Ontario – Jeep has announced dates and locations for its Jeep Jamboree events. Jeep Jamborees are family-oriented, two-day events designed to allow Jeep owners the opportunity to hone their skills in off-road situations, while learning more respect for the environment.
“Jeep Jamborees are weekend adventures designed exclusively for Jeep owners and their families, offering them the chance to explore breathtaking Canadian landscapes, while manoeuvering their Jeep vehicles to some hard-to-reach destinations,” said Matt Brannagan, Chrysler and Jeep Brand Manager. “Our trail instructors help Jeep owners negotiate trails in a safe and environmentally friendly way. Attendees have the opportunity to explore remote locations, cross giant boulders and cling to the sides of hills and mountains with their Jeep TJ, Liberty or Grand Cherokee during one of the eight Jeep Jamboree weekends.”
Jeep Jamborees have a trail rating of two (the least difficult) to nine (the most difficult). Levels of difficulty also vary depending on trail conditions. Beginners and experts are all welcome to participate and learn the basics of off-road driving from knowledgeable trail guides. These are not competitive events, they are family-oriented outings creating fun for everyone involved. Last year, more than 1,500 Jeep enthusiasts participated in the eight scheduled Jeep Jamborees. Each event is limited to approximately 100 vehicles, for environmental reasons.
Interested owners are encouraged to register early for a 2003 Jeep Jamboree. The cost to participate is $215 per adult, $90 for children seven to fifteen, $50 for children four to six and no charge for children three and under. Family packages are also available. All registration fees include up to seven meals.
2003 Jeep Jamboree Canada schedule:
- Annapolis Valley Jamboree – Kingston, Nova Scotia, June 6 – 8
- Eastern Townships Quebec Jamboree – Bolton Ouest/Lac Brome, Quebec,
June 13 – 15
- Kawarthas Jamboree Weekend No. 1 – Bobcaygeon/Buckhorn, Ontario,
July 4 – 6
- Kawarthas Jamboree Weekend No. 2 – Bobcaygeon/Buckhorn, Ontario,
July 11 – 13
- Okanagan Valley Jamboree – Penticton, British Columbia, July 25 – 27
- Rocky Mountain Jamboree Weekend No. 1- Rocky Mountain House,
Alberta, August 8 – 10
- Rocky Mountain Jamboree Weekend No. 2 – Rocky Mountain House,
Alberta, August 15 – 17
- Quebec City Jamboree – Mont Sainte Anne, Quebec, September 19 – 21
To register for a Jeep Jamboree weekend or to obtain additional information, log onto www.jeepjamboreecanada.com or call 1-888-678-JEEP (5337).