April 12, 2006
Jeep announces Canadian pricing for new 2007 Jeep Compass
Toronto, Ontario – Steven J. Landry, President and CEO, DaimlerChrysler Canada, announced the base Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for its all-new 2007 Jeep Compass compact SUV is $17,995 (not including $1,050 destination). The MSRP for Jeep Compass 4X4 models is $19,995.
“The introduction of the Jeep Compass is an important step in Chrysler Group’s strategy for growing the Jeep brand by securing our base audience, while reaching out to new SUV customers,” said Landry. “To appeal to additional groups of customers, we are adding products like Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot to compete in the fast growing compact SUV segment, which is defined by affordability and fuel efficiency.”
The Compass includes a standard 172-horsepower 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine coupled with a five-speed manual transaxle and front-wheel drive. Three trim levels will be offered: Compass, Compass North and Compass Limited. All are available with front-wheel and four-wheel-drive capability.
Standard equipment includes:
- Side-curtain air bags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Traction Control and ABS
- 60/40 rear split folding seats
- Fold-flat vinyl load floor
- AM/FM CD radio with an auxiliary audio input jack, cloth seats, 12-volt power outlet, manual windows, locks and foldaway mirrors
- Silver interior bezels and door arm-rests, tilt steering wheel, dome and cargo lights, floor mats and a centre console sliding armrest that moves forward 7.62 centimetre to accommodate a wider range of driving positions (the armrest lid features a unique flip pocket for storing a cell phone or an MP3 player).
The Jeep Compass will begin to arrive in Canadian dealerships and international markets in the third quarter of this year.
2007 Jeep Compass MSRPs (prices do not include $1,050 Destination)
|Jeep Compass “North” Package||$20,255||$22,255|
|Jeep Compass Limited||$22,355||$24,355|