August 19, 2002
Jaguar shows 2003 XK sports car at Pebble Beach
Pebble Beach, California – Jaguar gave attendees at this year’s Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance a sneak preview of its new 2003 model year XK sports car.
Unveiling the new car at the Pebble Beach golf course in Monterey, California were legendary British racing driver Sir Stirling Moss OBE and Aston Martin Jaguar Land Rover Chief Operating Officer Bob Dover.
For the 2003 model year, Jaguar made only minor enhancements to the XK coupe and convertible’s exterior look, and instead made important mechanical changes. Highlights are:
- Two new, more powerful 4.2-liter V8 engines
- 390 horsepower supercharged V8 for the XKR models
- ZF 6-speed transmission
- Dynamic Stability Control standard
- Emergency Brake Assist standard
- Adaptive Restraint Technology System (intelligent airbag deployment) standard
- Adaptive Cruise Control optional
- High Intensity Discharge Xenon headlights on supercharged XKR models
- Race-bred Brembo brakes on the supercharged XKR models
The new 2003 range boasts some 900 new or updated part numbers but prices remain unchanged from the 2002 range.