September 3, 2003
Infiniti to introduce all-wheel-drive G35 sedan
Toronto, Ontario – Beginning in early December, the 2004 Infiniti G35 sedan equipped with leather upholstery will be available with all-wheel-drive, announced Nissan. The G35 AWD features Nissan’s all-wheel drive system with an active torque distribution management system with an electro-magnetic clutch (no centre differential). Torque distribution front-to-rear is computer controlled and is variable between 0:100 and 50:50 front:rear. Nissan says the advantage of this system is smooth starts and better traction and maneuverability on snowy roads and minimal compromise of rear-wheel drive performance characteristics on dry roads.
The AWD system also includes “Snow-Mode” switch which fixes the torque distribution ratio at 50:50 to improve performance on slippery roads
Other changes to the 2004 G35 sedan include:
- 17-inch wheels now standard on all models
- Standard heated outside mirrors on all models
- Improved standard 6-disc CD changer (with faster operation)
- Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System
- Standard rear limited-slip differential on Leather 6MT model
- Heated front seats and 4-way power front passenger’s seat standard on Leather, Leather 6MT models
- Engine will meet LEV2 standard for emission control (beginning with October production)
- Two new exterior colours – Diamond Graphite, Twilight Blue
The G35 comes standard with a 260-horsepower 3.5 litre V6, 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode or close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission, 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension and rear-wheel drive.