May 6, 2002
Historic cars to be auctioned during Monaco Historic Grand Prix
Scottsdale, Arizona – Barrett-Jackson Auction Company and London based Coy’s of Europe will again be conducting the Legende et Passion Auction at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco on Friday, May 17th at 4:00 p.m.
Conducted jointly by Barrett-Jackson and Coy’s, the auction will feature a line up of 64 significant European sports and competition cars, together with a selection of classic touring automobiles. The Auction will begin with a collection of much sought after automotive memorabilia. Feature highlights of the auction include:
- 1955 Aston Martin DB3S – The Ex. Jack Brabham, Kangaroo Stable Team Car.
- 1980 Ferrari BBLM – Ex. N.A.R.T., 1980 Le Mans team.
- 1947 Maserati A6 Pinin Farina Prototype Coupe – Ex. 1948 Geneva Salon, Eva Peron.
- 1960 Austin Healey 3000 – Ex. Works Team car, Pat Moss, Liege-Rome-Liege Winner.
- 1933 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Long Chassis – Ex. Luigi Chinetti, Otto Zipper, Bill Harrah.
- 1927 Bugatti Type 37 – Ex. Elisabeth Junek, 1927 Targa Florio Practice car.
Held at the spectacular Grimaldi Forum exhibition centre, during the bi-annual Monaco Historic Grand Prix weekend, the Legende et Passion Auction is considered one of the most prestigious auctions on the international classic car calendar.
Open to the public, admission to the Legende et Passion auction is by catalogue which admits two. Viewing of the cars will be on Thursday, May 16th, 12 Noon to 8pm, and Friday, May 17th from 10am to 4pm.