February 20, 2002
Hemmings launches new bi-monthly publication devoted to Ford Mustang
Bennington, Vermont – Hemmings Mustang Market & Tech Guide, is a new bi-monthly publication dedicated to all years of Ford’s Mustang. The goal of the 32-page black-and-white magazine is to provide current and reliable Mustang market and usable, common-sense technical information for today’s Mustang enthusiast at an affordable annual subscription price of U.S. $19.95.
Among its exclusive features are “Mustangs in the Market,” value guides that focus on a particular year and option-level Mustang, giving a historical synopsis, pros and cons and present market value. “Under The Hammer” provides the most recent nationwide auction results from the premier collector-car auction houses. “Absolutely Authentic” shows buyers how to make sure the rare Mustang they are after is the real deal. Extremely detailed “Buyer’s Guides” pinpoint potential problem areas for buyers and list average replacement costs for the more commonly needed items so that a “true” cost can be determined before money ever changes hands.
The Hemmings Mustang Market & Tech Guide also functions as a hands-on technical guide to assist Mustang owners in undertaking various restoration, repair, modification and performance improvements. Technical articles range from photo-illustrated, step-by-step “how-tos” to complete theoretical analyses of components and system functions to enable Mustang owners to make informed decisions when buying performance parts and accessories.
Another unique feature is its lack of advertising pages; nearly every page is reserved for editorial written by Mustang owners, racers, restorers and specialists for the benefit of other Mustang owners. This invaluable Mustang resource doesn’t waste space on car features or event coverage. Instead, readers will find a variety of regular departments including:
- “The Interchange Exchange.” A detailed listing and source location guide to the many parts and components found in other Ford automobiles that can be used to repair or upgrade Mustangs.
- “The Restoration Forum” and “The Performance Forum.” Mustang restoration, repair and performance specialists tackle any questions owners have for them.
- “A Turn At the Wheel.” Modern and vintage Mustang road tests evaluate all aspects of the Mustang driving experience and include an extensive specifications chart.
- “Mustang Movers & Shakers.” In-depth interviews with significant personalities from the Mustang world.
- “Mustang Tales.” An interactive feature in which Mustang owners tell the story of themselves and their Mustangs.
The first issue of the Hemmings Mustang Market & Tech Guide is slated to come off the presses on February 20, 2002. For more information or to subscribe, call or write to: Hemmings Mustang Market & Tech Guide, PO Box 100, Bennington, VT 05201, or call 1 800-227-4373, ext. 550, or visit their website: www.Hemmings.com/hmnguides/index.cfm