August 11, 2006
Goodyear launches ‘fierce’ web site to attract tuners
Akron, Ohio – To help promote its new line of Fierce performance tires, Goodyear has launched a new web site, www.fiercetires.com, to attract vehicle customizing enthusiasts.
Included on the site are sections such as:
- “Fierce TV” – an introductory video which displays urban scenes and customized cars, with corresponding music.
- “Rate Me” – Site visitors can submit their own vehicle photos and descriptions, or voice opinions on the cars already displayed.
- “Let the Drooling Begin” – The interior view of a car, which serves as a launch site for many of the sections, can be customized in colour and design by changing interior items such as the dashboard, shift knob, steering wheel and radio faceplate.
- “Look Fierce” – Information on purchasing Fierce-branded apparel.
- “Fierce 360” – A section called “My Story” details one enthusiast’s adventure in building customized cars and in living the “tuner” life. Presented in a casual interview format, this segment is downloadable to an iPod.
- “Fierce Tunes” – Selected songs can be played or downloaded.
- “Locate a Retailer” – Typing in a zip code, area code or city/state lets consumers find their nearest outlet for Fierce tires.
- “Registrations” – Anyone can sign up for free e-mail product updates and Fierce events.