May 23, 2002
GM of Canada announces pricing for 2003 HUMMER H2
Oshawa, Ontario – General Motors of Canada announced pricing for the all-new HUMMER H2 today. The H2’s suggested retail price (MSRP) starts at $70,745, plus a destination freight charge of $1,000. The full-size H2 sport-utility vehicle will arrive in dealer showrooms this summer.
An ‘Adventure Package’, priced at $5,565, includes AM/FM radio with 6-disc CD changer, heated leather front seats, chrome appearance package, tubular assist steps and upgraded double crossbar rack.
A second package, called the Outdoor Package, priced at $7,565, includes an air suspension package, brush guard, chrome appearance package, first aid kit, tool kit, AM/FM radio with 6-disc CD changer, upgraded double crossbar rack, heated leather front seats and tubular tail lamp covers.
The H2 is powered by GM’s Vortec 6.0 litre V8 engine that generates 316 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque. The H2’s list of standard equipment includes:
- Full-time 4-wheel drive
- BF Goodrich 35″ all-terrain tires
- 17″ x 8.5″ cast aluminum wheels
- 5-link variable-rate coil spring rear suspension
- Independent torsion bar front suspension
- Locking rear differential
- 4-wheel disc ABS brakes
Other standard features include single-wheel traction control, premium Bose 9-speaker sound system, heavy-duty trailering equipment, front winch receiver, remote keyless entry, cruise control, OnStar, power driver and passenger seats and dual zone climate-control.
Vehicle options include wrap-around brush guard, roof-mounted luggage basket, hard cargo cover, sunroof, as well as roof-mounted and grill-mounted off road lights, all of which are available at the time of purchase.
H2’s will be sold exclusively at only seven dealerships in Canada:
- Plaza Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Inc., St-Laurent, PQ
- Surgenor GMC Truck Centre, Ottawa, ON
- Roy Foss Motors, Thornhill, ON
- Shaw GMC, Pontiac, Buick, Calgary, AB
- Southgate Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Ltd., Edmonton, AB
- Dueck Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, HUMMER Vancouver, Vancouver, BC