July 20, 2004
GM Canada announces pricing for 2005 Chevrolet Corvette
Oshawa, Ontario – GM Canada announced MSRP pricing for the new 2005 Chevrolet Corvette which arrives in dealerships this Fall. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the 2005 Corvette Coupe with a standard manual 6-speed transmission will start at $67,395. That compares to $69,940 for the 2004 Corvette Coupe.
The MSRP for the 2005 Corvette Convertible with standard manual transmission, power tonneau cover, and side-impact air bags will start at $79,495. That compares to $79,940 for the current Corvette convertible.
“When we debuted the new Corvette earlier this year, we announced the sixth generation models would deliver more power, more passion and more precision than any of their predecessors,” said Donna Martin, Marketing Manager for Small and Sporty Cars. “Now we can add a fourth ‘P’ to the equation – more competitively priced when compared to others in the premium sports car segment.”
Highlights of some of the new standard features on all 2005 Corvettes include:
- 400 hp LS2 6-litre V8 mated to a 6-speed manual transmission
- Keyless Access with push button start
- Larger tires and wheels (18″ front, 19″ rear)
- HID Xenon lighting
- Power hatch pull down
- AM/FM CD/MP3 player with 7 speakers and in-dash 6-CD changer
- Heated seats
Additional new & enhanced available features include:
- Z51 Performance Package includes cross drilled rotors, performance gearing, special tires, springs, shocks, stabilizer bars, coolers for oil, power steering, transmission, and axle
- Performance 3.15 axle ratio (automatic transmission only)
- Navigation System with GPS, colour touch screen display, and voice recognition
- OnStar Safety and Security System
- New exterior colours: Precision Red, Daytona Sunset Orange, and LeMans Blue Metallic
- New polished wheels (18″ front, 19″ rear)
The new 4-speed automatic transmission (a no-charge option) is an upgraded version of the current transmission featuring a new Performance Shift Algorithm.