July 11, 2002
Edmunds.com announces Used Car Best Bets
Santa Monica, California – Edmunds.com, a U.S. consumer automotive web-site, has just released its Used Car Best Bets, a list of vehicles that it believes will likely provide dependable and safe service. The vehicles on the list were selected based on criteria such as crash test scores, reliability and availability. Every popular used vehicle category is covered, including economy cars, minivans, SUVs and pick-up trucks.
“Some of our picks will be familiar and expected, while others may surprise you,” stated Karl Brauer, Editor-In-Chief at Edmunds.com. “And we want to remind shoppers that even with respect to the models we recommend, it is important to closely examine any vehicle for potential problems before making a purchase.”
Edmunds.com’s Used Car Best Bets:
- Economy Car: 1996-2000 Honda Civic
- Midsize Car: 1995-2000 Subaru Legacy / Subaru Outback
- Large Car: 1995-2000 Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis
- Luxury Car: 1994-2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Sporty Car: 1994-2000 Honda Accord Coupe
- Mini-SUV: 1997-2000 Honda CR-V
- SUV: 1999-2000 Nissan Pathfinder
- Minivan: 1998-2000 Toyota Sienna
- Small Pickup: 1995-2000 Ford Ranger / Mazda B-Series
- Large Pickup: 1994-2000 Ford F-150
See www.edmunds.com/reviews/bestbet/articles/index.html for specific explanations as to why these vehicles were selected.