Oshawa, Ontario – The suggested retail price of the all-new 2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS with a six-speed manual transmission begins at $25,060 including destination. Sonic RS with the available six-speed automatic transmission starts at $26,410
The performance-inspired RS amplifies the Sonic’s driving experience, with unique exterior and interior features. It is offered exclusively as a five-door hatchback that delivers generous rear-seat roominess and cargo space – up to 1,351 litres (47.7 cubic feet) with the rear seat folded.
Sonic RS is powered by an Ecotec 1.4L turbo engine rated at 138 horsepower (103 kW) and 148 lb.-ft. (200 Nm) of torque. Unique transmission gearing in the six-speed manual, or a 3.53 final drive ratio for automatic-equipped models, enhances the car’s sporty feel.
Production begins in October at General Motors’ Orion (Mich.) Assembly Center. Sonic is the only subcompact built in the United States.
Sonic RS exterior features
The front fascia of the Sonic RS has a deep air dam design. Vertical intakes at the edges of the fascia house the fog lamps. Other features include:
- New RS-specific grille
- New rear fascia
- New rear spoiler
- New rocker moldings
- Bright exhaust outlet
- Unique 17-inch five-spoke wheel design
- Lowered and stiffened suspension with performance-tuned dampers
- RS badging
- A power, tilt-sliding sunroof with express-open and wind deflector feature is available.
Exterior colours include Victory Red, Summit White, Cyber Grey Metallic and Black Granite Metallic – a new, premium exterior colour for 2013.
Sonic RS interior features
- Leather-appointed front bucket seats with sueded microfibre inserts and red RS accents
- New sport three-spoke, leather-wrapped steering wheel with contrasting stitching and racing-inspired flat-bottom design
- New, leather-wrapped shifter knob with red stitching (manual transmission)
- New aluminum sport pedals
- Specific instrument panel cluster graphics
- Standard Chevrolet MyLink.
Source: GM Canada