August 23, 2002
Cadillac releases first photo of 2004 SRX
Detroit, Michigan – Cadillac has released the first photo of its all-new luxury utility vehicle, the SRX, due out mid next year as a 2004 model.
Designed to fit between its luxury sedans and full-size SUVs, the SRX is an all-new entry for Cadillac in the medium luxury utility segment – one of the fastest growing segments.
“The Cadillac SRX is a luxury utility with the heart and soul of a sport sedan. This vehicle will standout for its head-turning styling and offer a level of performance like no other medium luxury utility on the road,” says Jay Spenchian, Cadillac marketing director.
SRX features include:
- platform shared with CTS sedan
- 4.6 L Northstar V8 or 3.6 L V6
- RWD or AWD
- Longest wheelbase in class
- Low centre of gravity
- Magnetic Ride Control – the world’s fastest reacting suspension system
- Seats up to seven passengers with optional third row or five with innovative rear cargo management system
- Most second row legroom in class
- Largest and most innovative sunroof in class plus power shade
- Theatre seating for command view from all positions
The SRX will be manufactured at GM’s new state-of-the-art Lansing Grand River Facility in Lansing, Michigan.