Vancouver, British Columbia – Driver licensing centres and systems in British Columbia will close earlier than normal on Friday, January 7, 2011, and will be unavailable all day on Saturday, January 8 as information systems are upgraded in a new data centre.
The following driver licensing centres, which are normally open on Friday evenings, will close at 4:30 p.m. on January 7:
– Burnaby – 3880 Lougheed Highway
– Metrotown (Burnaby) – Metrotown Hall, 4820 Kingsway
– Richmond – Ironwood Plaza, 11662 Steveston Highway
– Cloverdale (Surrey) – Clover Square Mall, 17700 56th Avenue
– Guildford (Surrey) – Boardwalk Mall, 15285 101st Avenue
– Surrey – 13426 78th Avenue
– Victoria – 1150 McKenzie Avenue (at Borden)
The offices at Metrotown, Richmond, Cloverdale and Guildford, which normally open on Saturdays, will be closed on Saturday, January 8.
Appointed agents across the province that deliver services on ICBC’s behalf will also be affected by the information systems outage. These offices will be open and provide services other than driver licensing and payment of driving-related fines.
Drivers who want to release their vehicles from a 30- or 60-day impoundment on January 8 should make arrangements for release applications earlier in the week. Those whose vehicles have been impounded for two or seven days can make arrangements directly with the impound lot.