February 7, 2005
A clean car is more romantic on Valentine’s Day, says carwash association
Chicago, Illinois – Nearly two in five car owners get their cars professionally washed before a date, according to a survey among U.S. car owners by the International Carwash Association (ICA). Men (27 percent) are more likely to get their cars washed to impress a member of the opposite sex than women (11 percent).
With Valentines Day fast approaching, romantic hopefuls should take note that six percent have taken a date to the car wash, and about one in 10 car owners (11 percent) say they’ve kissed or made out in a car wash. Parents are more likely to have smooched at the car wash than those without children, signalling perhaps that the car wash is one of the few places offering some valuable moments alone.
Other highlights from the ICA Car Love Survey:
- 38 percent have had their car play a significant role in a wedding
ceremony or honeymoon, or knew someone else who did.
- 34 percent made a life decision in their cars.
- 26 percent were told they were loved for the first time in a car, or
knew someone else who was.
- 9 percent conceived a child in a car, or knew someone else who did.
- 4 percent have been named after a car (or knew someone else who had).
The International Carwash Association (ICA) is a non-profit trade association serving 3,000 businesses in the United States, Canada and overseas. Membership includes car wash operators, equipment manufacturers, distributors, and related suppliers. ICA members represent approximately 25,000 car wash and car care locations in North America.