TORONTO, Ont. – The sophisticated new Lexus IS comes to Canada this summer. Redesigned with passion from grille to tail-lights, the 2014 Lexus IS luxury sport sedan features an all-new, bolder design, dynamic handling and performance, and a host of new luxurious standard features. With that, buyers have a choice of engine sizes and rear-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive models, intuitive controls and instrumentation, advanced safety features, and thoughtful, driver-focussed convenience and luxury. And all of this is offered to Canadian drivers – seeking a fresh interpretation of luxury – at a manufacturer’s suggested price starting at just $37,300.
“We look forward to introducing Canadians to the new Lexus IS series – and are delighted to offer this stunning luxury vehicle at a price range that represents tremendous value,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director of Lexus in Canada. “We are offering the 2014 Lexus IS-Sedan in 22 specification packages, all of which offer remarkable performance, comfort and technology at incredible value. This includes ten F SPORT packages covering all engine and drive train configurations – our most diverse F SPORT offering to date. We’re confident this remarkable choice gives every Canadian luxury sport sedan buyer a perfect reason to add a new Lexus IS to their lives.”
The new IS luxury sport sedan builds on the Lexus reputation for quality, comfort and safety with cutting edge design, best-in-class features, and exceptional performance:
· Choice of 2.5L V6 or 3.5L V6
· Both engines offered in rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive models.
· New steering and rear suspension, inspired by the Lexus GS, deliver exceptional handling.
· Bold exterior design highlighted by distinct interpretation of Lexus signature Spindle Grille with unique LED Daytime Running Light treatment.
· New driver-focused, ergonomic interior features lower driver position for improved comfort and driving experience.
· Increased luggage space plus a new available 60/40 split folding rear seats for cargo-carrying versatility.
F SPORT packages – inspired by the LFA and track tested at the Nürbürgring are the first Lexus to adopt optional G-AI control, actively matching gear changes to G-forces generated during cornering.
· 3.5 litre, rear-wheel drive IS F SPORT models are now equipped with the 8-speed, Sport Direct Shift (SPDS) automatic transmission from the acclaimed IS F.
· F SPORT models also feature special interior and exterior styling and performance enhancements, including unique seats designed to combine lightweight comfort with outstanding lateral holding performance.
· Intuitive Human Machine Interfaces and user friendly multifunction screens
· Luxury appointments include the Lexus analogue clock, and first Lexus use of electrostatic switches.
· Advanced safety systems.
A host of new standard items for 2014 include boldy-inset LED Daytime Running Lights, premium NuLuxe seat surfaces with eight-way power-adjustable and heated driver and front passenger sport seats, user-selectable drive modes, HID headlamps with headlamp washers, Lexus Display Audio and more. This combination of new standard equipment is unmatched by any competitor in its class. And with a suggested retail price starting from $37,300, this unrivaled level of standard equipment represents substantial value.
F SPORT packages enhance the IS with specially-tuned suspension systems plus many unique F SPORT details, including a unique front fascia with mesh spindle grille, distinctive LFA-inspired 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels, sport front seats with lightweight NuLuxe seat surfaces, perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, interior trim, aluminum doorsill trim, and more.
IS 350 models are powered by a 306 peak horsepower 3.5L V6, while IS 250 models feature a 204 peak horsepower 2.5L V6. Both direct-injection engines are enhanced with dual variable valve timing with intelligence, electronic throttle control systems, and more.
· The Lexus IS 250 RWD (starting MSRP $37,300) is available in five packages, including two F SPORT packages (starting MSRP $40,300).
· The Lexus IS 250 AWD (starting MSRP $39,900) is available in six packages, including three F SPORT packages (starting MSRP $42,900).
· The Lexus IS 350 RWD (starting MSRP $44,500) is available in four packages, including two F SPORT packages (starting MSRP $45,650).
· The Lexus IS 350 AWD (starting MSRP $44,000) is available in seven packages, including three F SPORT packages (starting MSRP $47,500).
All models feature luxury amenities and performance enhancements, including: Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM); dual-zone automatic climate control; an eight-speaker Lexus premium audio system with satellite radio, USB audio input, Bluetooth® connectivity and steering wheel-mounted audio controls; electro-chromatic rear view mirror; power windows with water repellant front door glass; leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters; Lexus SmartAccess key system with Push Button Start/Stop; integrated garage door opener; eight airbags, an onboard first aid kit, six active safety technologies including Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, and other safety features; auto-leveling HID headlamps; dual power remote heated exterior mirrors; and more.
To preview the new 2014 Lexus IS, visit lexus.ca.