January 3, 2002
L.A. Auto Show
2003 Lincoln Navigator
Los Angeles, California – Lincoln Mercury President Brian Kelley introduced the 2003 Lincoln Navigator – the second of three new Lincolns that will debut this summer – at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
“Our strategy for 2003 is to deliver more of everything that made Navigator successful in the first place,” says Kelley. “The new Navigator is more luxurious, more refined and more capable on and off-road than its predecessor.”
Major new features and options include:
- A refined exterior and an all-new interior that mixes American walnut burl, premium leather trim, satin nickel finishes and white LED lighting to create a luxurious and contemporary cabin
- A fully boxed, hydroformed frame, four-wheel independent suspension and rack and pinion steering for improved ride and handling
- A sophisticated four-wheel-drive system that can propel the vehicle even if three wheels are on ice
- A roomier third-row seat that power-folds flat into the load floor, power-deployable running boards and a power liftgate.
- The Personal Safety System, which includes dual-stage front air bags, and the Safety Canopy side curtain air bag system, which provides enhanced occupant protection in side impacts and rollovers