February 14, 2002
Toronto Auto Show
“Hot Wheels” PT Cruiser debuts
Toronto, Ontario – DaimlerChrysler is showing a special “Hot Wheels” Edition Chrysler PT Cruiser at the Chrysler exhibit in the SkyDome. The special Chrysler PT Cruiser “image” vehicle will also be shown at other major Canadian auto shows.
“Two years after its introduction, the Chrysler PT Cruiser still turns heads,” said Pearl Davies, Chrysler/Jeep Brand Manager, DaimlerChrysler Canada. “The “Hot Wheels” Edition PT Cruiser is drawing a lot of attention..it’s especially popular with show-goers big and small, young and old who enjoyed playing with their prized “Hot Wheels” toy cars,” Davies said.
“We’ve successfully transformed a Hot Wheels car into reality,” said Carson Lev, Director of Design and Licensing, Collector and Racing Products, Mattel Hot Wheels.
Special features of the Chrysler PT Cruiser “Hot Wheels” Edition include:
- Custom Tangerine Metallic exterior paint and interior accents
- “Roman Chariot” Billet Type Grille with flush front and rear fascias
- Eye-catching “Hot Wheels Edition” exterior badging
- 200-Horsepower Whipple Supercharged engine
- 18 X 18.5-inch aluminum wheels
- Goodyear Eagle 225/40ZR-18 HP Ultra Plus Tires
- H & R Stage 2 Sport Lowering Springs (1.4″ Front, 1.3″ Rear)
- Custom Dynamax Dual Exhaust System with Ractive Twin Exhaust Tips